What is Tofu ?
Taifun Tofu, expert of tofu, was founded in 1987 in the western region of Germany. Today, Taifun is governed by the desire to offer its consumers a quality product respectful of its own know-how. The company is looking for uncompromising quality with the best ingredients.
Tofu is a food made from soybeans and has been consumed traditionally in China for hundreds of years. Tofu provides many vegetable proteins, which should ideally be combined with cereals for a balanced diet.
The tofu is made from soy milk, to which are added ferments, to obtain curdled milk . The dough is then pressed to obtain the desired dough. Taifun Tofu add herbs, spices, … to flavor the tofu and give it a pronounced flavor.
Taifun has a wide range of products for every consumer, vegan or tofu lover.
- Natural and smoked tofu: the natural tofu is the base of all tofu. The smoked tofu is consumed cold, in salad or hot with vegetables.
- Mediterranean Tofu: to taste on bread. Contains real pieces of olives, tomatoes, vegetables…
- Tofu Filets: tofu to fry in a pan.
- Sausages: to fry, grill or bake in hot water bath.
- Vegan Slices: to be eaten on bread or pizza topping.
- Fermented Tofu: Fermentation facilitates the digestibility of tofu. Serve in many ways: in salad, in a pan…
Taifun works closely with soybean producers: many partnerships have existed for more than 20 years. Taifun selects the best soybeans and advises its partner producers to produce quality organic seeds. Taifun soybeans come therefore from the nearest place of manufacture: Germany, especially around Friborg, France and Austria. Today, two-thirds of soybeans consumed worldwide come from India and China, while Taifun soybeans come exclusively from Western Europe.
12kg of soy = 1 kg of meat
1kg of soy = 2kg of tofu