Out of the Woods

  • Country: United States
  • Regions: California
  • Year of establishment: 1999
  • Specialty : Supernatural PaperTM Bags

Out of the Woods was founded by Pierre Barlier (founder & CEO of KeepCool Bags) about 15 years ago. The discovery of Supernatural Paper and the creation of the brand Out Of The Woods were a natural extension of the founder’s growing passion for bags and for the environment.

What is Supernatural Paper ?

The main material of the bags is made of real slow-growing tree pulp, bonded with latex (allergen -free) which makes the bags washable.

Out Of The Wood bags are not just natural but are light, strong and stylish. In terms of the appearance of the bag, you will be surprised by the feeling of a worn leather, a leather that improves and becomes softer with time.

 

But is it really natural?

Yes, because the need for single-use bags is eliminated and the material itself is sustainable because it comes from well-managed forests where trees are responsibly cut down and replanted. It’s true that papermaking is very water-intensive, but the process returns 93% of the water taken for production to its original source, clean and healthy. The other 7% evaporates. This paper therefore has a better environmental profile than many other materials such as plastic, cotton or animal hide.

 

« A good bag embraces more than you ask it to hold. It embraces you. », Pierre Barlier.

 

Out Of the Wood products are sustainable, vegan, washable and reusable. 

Products from Out of the Woods

Marten Lunch

The classic bag for lunch. The Marten Lunch features cotton details that contrast beautifully with the "Supernatural PaperTM" and a buckle closure. The bag has an insulated inner lining that keeps lunch fresh, while the outer part is easy to clean and water-resistant.

Large Shopping Cooler

Large isothermal bag with bottom in "Supernatural PaperTM" and body in Cotton Canvas. This bag is practical thanks to its handles and large strap.

Iconic Shopper

Easy to pack and light to carry - your shoulders will thank you. Perfect for shopping or just doing your own thing.

Dolphin Cooler

A vegan shopping bag, designed with an extra-thick lining and a square, flat base, providing the perfect base for stacking your groceries or keeping your picnic cool. A large front pocket also provides convenient space for storing personal belongings.

Connoisseur Wine Tote

Sophisticated in its simplicity of design, the Connoisseur Wine bag is an ideal and reusable gift choice for all wine lovers.